Director, Academy Recruitment and Selection at The Broad Center
Human Capital / Human Resources
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The mission of The Broad Center for the Management of School Systems is to raise student achievement by recruiting, training and supporting executive leadership talent from across America to become the next generation of urban school district leaders. The Broad Center produces a portfolio of leadership development programs including The Broad Superintendents Academy and The Broad Residency in Urban Education. More information can be found at www.broadcenter.org
The Broad Superintendents Academy is an executive management development program designed to prepare senior executives with education, business, government and/or military backgrounds to become the superintendents of large urban public school systems. Participants attend five extended weekend sessions over an 18-month period, often while continuing work in their current jobs, and then receive career transition assistance and extensive support in their new roles. Funding for tuition and participant travel is provided by The Broad Center. More information on the Academy can be found at www.broadacademy.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Broad Center seeks a Director, Recruitment and Selection for The Broad Superintendents Academy. This position reports to the Senior Director, Recruitment and Selection and will be involved in the development, analysis, implementation and refinement of recruitment and selection practices for The Academy. The Director will join a team of senior recruiting professionals tasked with planning and executing national marketing and outreach strategies, including use of social media, partnerships, direct sourcing and advertising to develop an annual applicant pool of approximately 600 diverse executives. The Director provides advice and counsel to prospects, guides applicants, and participates in candidate evaluation and selection.
This is an ideal opportunity for a strategic and results-oriented individual who excels at critical thinking and has exceptional interpersonal and recruiting skills. S/he will have a track record of building quality relationships with executives in education, government and/or the private sector. The candidate must be a highly motivated individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, is deeply committed to diversity recruiting, and wants to positively impact the lives of millions of children by improving K-12 public education.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and executing national recruitment strategies targeting senior executives with a track-record for leading innovation in their current fields of endeavor with the goal of developing approximately 100 strong applicants annually for multiple positions in the Academy cohort.
- Proactively developing and executing multiple outreach activities to insure diversity in the candidate pool, including social media, networking events, presentations at professional conferences and working with professional and industry associations.
- Attracting and cultivating senior executive candidates through all phases of the process, including counseling and inspiring individuals regarding a career transition into education or career advancement within the K-12 education sector.
- Utilizing the Salesforce.com platform, tracking and interpreting analytics regarding pipeline development in order to strategically focus time and other resources.
- Building and maintaining a network of high-level sources, including individuals, professional organizations, industry associations and civic or education-reform focused groups that can recommend candidates.
- Leading portions of the development and execution of a unique and rigorous selection process, including evaluating applications and candidate essays, conducting telephone and in-person interviews, managing a range of innovative candidate selection activities, completing high-level reference checks, and preparing recommendations for the Academy selection committee.
- Proactively building brand awareness for the Academy through strategic relationships, partnerships, public speaking and networking.
- Using critical thinking and analytical skills in all aspects of the work to allow for continuous improvement/refinement of all processes and strategies.
Travel required for the position is approximately 20%.
The Broad Center is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- At least eight years of professional work experience
- At least three years of experience recruiting senior executives in the private or public sector
- Outstanding interviewing and analytical skills
- Demonstrated track-record of complex project management experience
- Demonstrated track-record of successfully recruiting, hiring and/or placing diverse executives
- Excellent judgment and a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Tireless work ethic and capacity/willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Ability to thrive on a small team as an individual contributor and team member
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong personal connection to The Broad Center’s mission, which is to attract, train, place and support executives who will lead the turnaround of large urban school districts, raise student achievement, and improve the lives of millions of children
- Experience in an entrepreneurial or start-up environment preferred
- Experience in a reform-oriented education organization preferred
- Experience in sales or marketing preferred
- Experience utilizing social media and web-based tools to recruit senior executives preferred
- Knowledge of advanced web-based research and outreach techniques preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce.com preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including health, dental and a comprehensive 401k retirement savings plan
» Please consider me for this position.