Product Manager at the KIPP Foundation
San Francisco, Chicago or New York, with a strong preference for San Francisco
CA, IL, NY
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
KIPP is a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools with a track record of preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. There are currently 125 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving more than 41,000 students.
KIPP builds a partnership among families, students and teachers that puts learning first. By providing outstanding educators, more time in school learning, and a strong culture of achievement, KIPP is helping all students climb the mountain to and through college. Every day, KIPP students across the nation are proving that demographics do not define destiny. More than 87 percent of our students are eligible for the federal free or reduced-price meals program, and 95 percent are African American or Latino. Nationally, more than 90 percent of KIPP middle school students have graduated high school and more than 80 percent of KIPP alumni have gone on to college.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
KIPP Foundation seeks a dynamic leader to support sharing and learning across the entire KIPP network through “KIPP Share” (KIPP’s Knowledge Sharing platform). The Product Manager will work closely with teachers and leadership and will support colleagues throughout the KIPP network. This is an ideal opportunity for a creative and strategic individual to drive engagement in KIPP Share, making the exchange of ideas and resources a daily habit at KIPP.
This individual will have a significant impact on KIPP’s strategic direction and will drive critical work in the context of the Foundation’s strategic imperative to “Embrace Sharing & Innovation.” In particular, KIPP is committed to the promise of knowledge sharing as a means to centralize and preserve great ideas and practices, leading to improved outcomes and increased staff sustainability. This is a great opportunity to impact the work of thousands of teachers and leaders, who are serving more than 41,000 KIPP students.
This position can be based in San Francisco, New York, or Chicago, with a strong preference for San Francisco.
The Product Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead ongoing innovation efforts to ensure that KIPP’s sharing platform (“KIPP Share”) is delivering on key user needs, as well as strategic goals
- Elicit user requirements from customers, using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions and use cases
- Define and own the product road map for KIPP Share, outlining near and long term product goals
- Develop product requirements outlining the specific technical functionality needed to deliver on user needs
- Manage relationships with vendors, overseeing the product release cycle and coordinating among the vendors and key internal stakeholders
- Partner closely with the Technology team to coordinate product upgrades and to test and release new features and functions
- Respond, in a timely manner, to all user inquiries and feedback
Professional Development and Training
- Develop, refine and deliver training materials and resources to ensure that KIPP Share’s functionality is being maximized by users
- Review current training materials and programs, identifying key improvements to make training more accessible and useful to KIPP Share users
- Develop additional multi-platform training modules that could be delivered online (via screencasts or WebEx) or through on-site training programs
- Deliver training and related resources to users through a variety of channels by publishing materials on KIPP share and leading in-person and/or virtual training
- Ensure that individuals across KIPP engage with KIPP Share and continue to access the platform as an important resource to learn and share with the KIPP community
- Develop and manage a plan to ensure use of KIPP Share; create and execute on a framework for an ongoing feedback and enhancement cycle
- Develop and track key usage metrics to ensure consistent and increasing user engagement
- Define the core value proposition/messaging around KIPP Share technology to raise awareness and engage KIPP Share users
- Identify key strategies to ensure a consistently positive and rewarding experience for users
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of web-based product management experience, preferably with web-based community platforms or social business platforms
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Fluency with technical process; with a demonstrated ability to manage a development team and establish credibility with external developers and vendors
- Demonstrated track record in driving impact and leading and managing significant, complex efforts; robust process, backwards planning and project management skills
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- End-user orientation; deep concern and empathy for users and internal customers
- Demonstrated success in managing the development of web-based products that meet the needs of a diverse audience
- Experience designing, implementing and leading training and professional development for a range of audiences
- A love and appreciation of good design and aesthetics
- Exceptional strategic-thinking, creativity and problem-solving ability in the face of ambiguity
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to motivate and educate both internal and external resources
- Customer service orientation; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams and decentralized organizations, especially those undergoing growth or change
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools, systems and processes quickly
- Strong work ethic and commitment to high standards of excellence coupled with an enthusiastic approach to one’s work
- A willingness and ability to travel (~25%), including travel to work with a physically distributed network of regions and schools
- Previous experience or strong, demonstrated interest in K-12 public education
- Ability to exemplify KIPP’s values: sense of purpose, results, respect, constant learning and humility, and diversity and inclusivity
- A deep belief in every child’s ability to learn and succeed in college and in life
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Employee benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401K plan, and a significant paid time-off package.
» Please consider me for this position.