About the Organization
The One Love Foundation focuses on educating young people about healthy and unhealthy relationships, so that they can identify and avoid abuse and learn how to love better. As the emerging organization dedicated to relationship health education, One Love is on a mission to empower young people to not only learn about healthy relationships, but crucially share that knowledge with their peers to save and change lives. Started out of a relationship violence tragedy, One Love understands how critical relationships are to our health, success, and happiness, and that many of us are not taught how to build and identify quality ones.
Today, One Love's campaign is equal parts national and local in its scope. Nationally, One Love has created a mission, messaging and educational tools that standardize the language used to teach young people about healthy and unhealthy relationships. This past summer One Love began the work of creating their Theory of Change. Through that process One Love affirmed their commitment to serve "all youth" with an increased focus in serving youth of color, LGBTQ+ youth, male identifying youth, youth with disabilities, and youth whose first language is Spanish or Mandarin.
Locally, One Love works on the ground with young people, schools, youth-facing community groups and social service partners to ensure that their programs are used in a way that is right for each community. In 2017, One Love established on-the-ground teams in four cities to increase the velocity of their efforts in engagement and activation. One Love now has staff on the ground in six cities. By serving these communities full-time, One Love is amplifying a conversation about relationships that is changing and saving lives.
About the Position
With an operational budget of $8M, One Love's workshops have trained over 1 million people across the country and its programming has reached millions more. The Chief Growth Officer (CGO) is an exciting new opportunity to support the continued growth and expansion of One Love to impact more young people as the architect of One Love's brand voice, expansion campaign, and fundraising efforts. In addition to proven experience in fundraising and development, the ideal candidate will believe wholeheartedly in its mission and have an entrepreneurial mindset that can help One Love and this movement go to the next level.
Reporting directly to the President and working in close partnership with the CEO and Board, the CGO will manage a cross functional team of seven across fundraising and marketing. The CGO will play a strategic role in setting goals for the marketing and development functions, developing infrastructure to achieve those goals, and lead or coach others to be fundraising leaders while also playing an active role in frontline fundraising themselves.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the CEO and President to design and implement a comprehensive external strategy for achieving One Love's ambitious growth goals by focusing on expanding One Love's brand and deepening its base of financial support.
- Be an active participant in helping to set strategic initiatives organization-wide. Spearhead One Love's marketing, communications, and fundraising functions to ensure One Love reaches more people with their educational programs and engages them on an ongoing basis in this movement for change.
- Serve as a coach and advisor to One Love's leadership team, including regional Executive Directors, to support them in stewarding and developing donors and external partners critical to their growth goals.
- Serve as an external representative of One Love's vision and mission, working with key external partners and donors as needed.
- Work closely with the CEO and President, to understand and evaluate One Love's development progress to date. Identify and execute strategies for keeping these supporters personally invested and engage them in helping to expand One Love's base of support through their networks.
- Collaborate with the President and COO to oversee the annual revenue budgeting process.
- Drive process for developing and diversifying One Love's donor base and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. Systematically and effectively strengthen the organization's overall fundraising and donor stewardship capacity.
- Collaborate with the President to establish strategic plans for expanding One Love's base of foundation support.
- Develop a strategic plan for community fundraising, expanding a movement that will be driven by grassroots contributions at every level in addition to the major gifts that have fueled growth to date.
- Build and oversee a best-in-class approach to donor relationship management and embrace technology and data to do so. Provide reports and present analyses of progress regularly to Board and senior leaders.
Marketing and Communications
- Provide strategic vision and leadership of four key areas: content, social media & digital, PR/communications, and partnerships.
- Create new opportunities for all youth, as defined in One Love's Theory of Change, and their broader community action that can help amplify awareness and participation in the campaign.
- Leverage, recruit and manage relationships with key influencers, partners and agencies, expanding and diversifying One Love's base of support.
- Develop and refine shared messaging that inspires a diverse group of stakeholders about what can be achieved together.
- In partnership with the Chief Program Officer, expand content distribution exponentially, ensuring equity in the accessibility to the tools and curriculum to lead awareness and education programs.
- Oversee optimization of our existing website and social communities to expand engagement, as well as to explore new strategies like SMS.
- Create platforms for measuring marketing metrics for acquisition and engagement across all channels to ensure One Love is achieving goals.
- Ensure PR efforts focus on amplifying the movement through placements in print, broadcast and online media as well as speaking engagements.
- Manage, coach and develop a cross functional team of seven, supporting their ongoing professional development and growth.
- Assess current approach to fundraising and marketing and make recommendations about optimal team structure and responsibilities going forward.
- Establish clear development goals that are consistent with organizational priorities. Motivate the team to accomplish these goals, and establish clear performance standards and benchmarks for success.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 15+ years of professional experience required, with experience serving as a fundraising and /or external leader in a mission-driven organization that spans multiple regions preferred
- Substantial experience leading marketing, communications and or public relations work on behalf of a growing social enterprise, or collaborating deeply with those functions in previous roles
- Track record of having built and led successful, sustainable fundraising programs and a deep familiarity with development best practices; experience developing and overseeing implementation of a development strategic plan
- Comfort as a front-line fundraiser; proven track record of cultivating, soliciting and closing major gifts and the ability to coach others to do the same
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion; track record of collaborating meaningfully across lines of difference including: race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
- Demonstrates an ability to work with ambiguity, adapting plans as needed and embracing positive organizational change
- Possesses a strong belief in collaboration and offers a track record of working across teams and departments to achieve common goals
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, with demonstrated success creating and implementing plans in high-growth, dynamic environments
- Strength in coaching individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, with a track record of building strong relationships with a diverse group of individuals at all levels
- Experience serving as a spokesperson and thought leader on behalf of an organization
- Possesses a strong results orientation and a willingness to innovate, and at times fail, in pursuit of goals
Compensation and benefits:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
One Love is an equal opportunity employer. One Love believes that changing social norms and the statistics around abuse requires a team and an approach that is diverse, inclusive and truly human in nature. One Love encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Like One Love, On-Ramps is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose.