About the Organization
The Connecticut RISE Network (RISE) is a Connecticut-based non-profit organization with a mission to empower educators to achieve breakthrough results, helping all students realize and achieve their full potential. Leveraging its innovative partnership model, RISE facilitates networked improvement communities by bringing together exceptional educators working in different contexts to advance shared goals. Together, RISE's team is building community, democratizing innovation, and improving systems in public schools and districts.
RISE districts and schools commit to sharing resources and expertise, pursuing innovative solutions, strengthening school and district systems, and empowering educators and leaders through continuous improvement. Currently, RISE represents a multi-year partnership between East Hartford, Meriden, New Haven, and Hartford Public Schools, serving 6,000 students across five high schools to support educators striving to ensure every RISE high school student graduates college and career ready. RISE will expand to a second network of high schools in fall 2019, bringing its direct student impact to nearly 15,000 students across 10-12 high schools.
About the Position
The Director of Innovation & Learning (DIL) will be a senior leader overseeing RISE's school support strategy, program model, and program staff, with responsibility for achieving positive student outcomes in close partnership with RISE districts. RISE is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual who is excited about delivering transformative results for students through the advancement of network-wide strategies, including strong college and career readiness practices.
This is an exciting opportunity for an educational leader who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, and is passionate about collaborating with high schools to develop the potential of all students regardless of life circumstance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve on RISE's leadership team, advancing organizational goals to improve student outcomes in partner high schools, achieve catalytic impact through best practice and tool dissemination, and position RISE for long-term success.
- Lead RISE's high performing 11-person program team who support RISE high schools in designing and implementing strategies to advance on-track achievement and college and career readiness.
- Partner with the Director to lead RISE's growth to new partner high schools, leading relationship management with existing school partners.
- Collaborate with RISE's operations lead to effectively grow organizational talent and manage organizational resources, and collaborate with RISE's data lead to ensure RISE staff and partners use data to drive continuous learning and improvement.
School Support Strategy
- Develop, communicate, and continuously strengthen clear and compelling strategies for school support, and student and educator programming.
- Create and implement a framework and methodology for school support that is responsive to individual school needs and contexts, and conducive to scale and fidelity.
- Support the implementation of the "RISE by 5" network-wide strategies designed in collaboration with educators to strengthen the middle to high school transition; increase college and career readiness, access, and success; and improve data systems and practices.
- Build and maintain relationships with leaders in partner high schools and districts, as well as external partners and community stakeholders.
- Design and deliver professional development for program staff with an emphasis on program design, delivery, and consultative coaching practices.
- Coordinate with RISE's data team to deepen RISE's understanding of which strategies impact specific student outcomes, and the return on investment for specific strategies.
- Collaborate with RISE's data lead to ensure RISE staff and partners use data to drive continuous learning and improvement.
- Continue to build and advance the RISE Network as a vibrant, results-driven learning community of educators working across Connecticut to improve student outcomes and close opportunity gaps.
- Support the network learning agenda, including by co-designing and co-facilitating professional learning opportunities for teachers, counselors, and leaders in the RISE Network.
- Maintain a pulse on local needs, and stay current on research, best practices, and new ideas from around the nation.
- Design and lead collaborative opportunities for school administrators across the RISE Network.
- Oversee a robust communication and knowledge management strategy among network partners to promote ongoing learning and collaboration.
- Lead internal efforts to collect, codify, and disseminate resources aligned to the RISE by 5 strategies and school and district needs.
Compensation and benefits:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
This organization is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.