About the Organization
The Trevor Project is the world's largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world's largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We've been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
About the Position
Reporting to the Head of Advocacy and Government Affairs, the Campaign Manager will lead The Trevor Project's campaign to protect LGBTQ youth by ending conversion therapy, the discredited and dangerous practice of attempting to change a person's sexual orientation or gender identity. The Campaign Manager will help to refine and execute the campaign's strategy to end conversion therapy, including through legislation, litigation and public education. This role will involve close collaboration with The Trevor Project's state and national partners, as well as staff on our advocacy, communications, research and crisis services teams.
What you'll do:
- Develop and execute The Trevor Project's overall campaign strategy to protect LGBTQ youth by ending conversion therapy, including through legislation, litigation and public education
- Lead our state-based work to end conversion therapy through The Trevor Project's 50 Bills 50 States Campaign, including utilizing our Phone2Action advocacy tool to communicate at scale with advocates and increase our base of support
- Build and grow local coalitions to end conversion therapy in states where they are already active, and help to create coalitions in states where they do not yet exist. Provide hands-on support to those coalitions by sharing best practices, helping to organize public support, assisting in development of legislative strategies, and helping to draft and review bills
- Coordinate closely with our state and national partners, in both the LGBTQ and mental health spaces, to collaborate on overall strategy and maximize the movement's collective impact
- Meet with lawmakers and other government officials throughout the country to build support for legislation and regulations that will end conversion therapy, often together with our partners in the LGBTQ and mental health communities
- Help to responsibly and safely collect stories of survivors and share them with lawmakers and the broader public in a way that will help change hearts and minds
- Communicate about the dangers of conversion therapy to the broader public, including by developing and executing strategies with earned, owned and paid media. Assist with writing compelling press releases and creating a social media strategy around advocacy efforts to end conversion therapy
- Testify across the country in support of legislation to end conversion therapy, leveraging The Trevor Project's unique data, experiences, and perspective
- Coordinate with colleagues at The Trevor Project on the organization's research related to conversion therapy as well as our legal strategy to end conversion therapy, including by filing amicus briefs in court