About the Organization
On-Ramps is a full-service executive search firm that serves the social sector, working with innovative, mission-driven organizations across diverse issue areas. Not only are we passionate about talent, but we also care deeply about social change. We have a rigorous candidate selection process, a passion for putting the right people in the right positions, and a track record of successful placements that reflects our hard work and high standards.
Because we spend our time helping others find best-in-class talent, we place a high priority on our own recruitment and look for team members with aligned intrinsic and foundational skills and a commitment to our core values:
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Based in the vibrant Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, we offer a dynamic and flexible environment and the opportunity to help build an innovative company serving best-in-class clients and talent, working towards social change.
About the Position
This role will serve as the organization's lead storyteller, growing On-Ramps' presence and voice among social sector leaders. The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer, detail oriented, and excels at translating their passion for our mission into content and materials that compel a wide range of stakeholders to deepen their interest in our work.
This is an ideal opportunity for a marketer who is passionate about mission-driven work and the people who make that work happen.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide counsel and thought partnership on the topics of marketing and communications to a high performing team of talent experts serving the social sector
- Serve as the lead project manager for the organization's communications calendar, ensuring that we set and meet marketing and communications goals
- Design, create, and publish regular newsletters, tailored to meet the needs and interests of a variety of external stakeholders
- Develop strategies to promote the voices of the On-Ramps team, placed candidates, and clients; work in close collaboration with team members to share insights from our work and items of interest to our community
- Remain up-to-date with the latest news, trends, and moves within the social sector and develop actionable strategies for On-Ramps to engage publicly within the space
- Oversee On-Ramps online presence, social media strategy and execution (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.); set and attain target metrics related to social media content
- Develop and continuously update a library of collateral (one-pagers, Powerpoint decks, proposals, and digital media)
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Passion for working with innovative social sector organizations and a belief that talent is a key lever for change in organizations
- At least seven years of experience working within marketing and communications, ideally in a social sector organization or context
- Deep understanding of how to attract and engage a digital audience, including, but not limited to using social media, search, third-party aggregators, e-newsletters, and content partnerships
- Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to take complex, nuanced topics and write about them in an informative and compelling way
- Passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace; the ideal candidate has experience creating relevant content
- Proven experience meeting and exceeding goals in a results-oriented environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to maneuver effectively in the face of ambiguity
- Sense of humor and an appetite for an environment that balances fun with professionalism
Compensation and benefits:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
On-Ramps is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, or current employment status.
Our work, focused on social change, is dependent on having multiple perspectives at the table. We are committed to building diverse teams internally (and externally for our clients), and fostering an equitable and inclusive culture. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.