About the Organization
The Trevor Project is the world's largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text and chat. We also operate the world's largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We've been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
About the Position
The Press Secretary will play a key role in advancing Trevor's mission to save the lives of LGBTQ youth by managing mission-critical elements of the organization's external relations with the media. The Press Secretary will support the daily operation of the department and establish both a proactive and reactive strategy, across public affairs, media relations, speaking engagement coordination, contact database management, media monitoring, developing public information collateral, and maintaining a cohesive voice for the brand's internal and external communications. In collaboration with the communications team, ultimately, they will assist with overseeing Trevor's communications strategy and deepening its impact.
Who you are
- Creative. You think outside the box and think of what others wouldn't
- Culturally Attuned. You are up-to-date with what's going on amongst all of our audiences. You understand what they care about and what news or media is relevant to them
- Succinct.You know how to boil down long copy to its essence without losing its impact
- Detail-oriented.You are a stickler for grammar, and would not let something go out to our full audience with a typo in it
- Action-oriented. You know how to get things done and are quick to capitalize on new opportunities as they emerge. You love to set challenging goals and then develop plans to deliver and achieve them
- Big picture thinker. You think strategically and love to brainstorm big bold ideas. You look at the way things are and then imagine 20 ways they can be improved
- Organized and efficient. You know how to manage complex projects. You can communicate clearly and concisely. The moment you see a problem, you quickly come up with solutions and then implement them
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn't mean we don't have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too