About the Organization
CCS Fundraising is a strategic fundraising firm that partners with nonprofits for transformational change. We plan, manage, and implement programs that achieve fundraising goals and mission impact. Our signature service is the design and implementation of major capital, endowment, and comprehensive campaigns. In providing this service, we combine in-depth engagement with key stakeholders, informed analysis, and broad-ranging expertise to develop a plan for transformational fundraising. With our robust analytics and research capabilities, CCS leverages data to support better fundraising strategies and help organizations identify untapped opportunities and potential new donors. By ensuring that our methodology for training and advising fundraising leaders, staff, and volunteers reflects the specific needs of the philanthropic community and draws on our proven methods for success we also provide hands-on partnership to nonprofit leaders and help them navigate change to achieve their fundraising goals during times of transition.
Since 1947, CCS has empowered many of the world's greatest organizations to advance some of the most important causes in history. We provide nonprofit organizations with advisory and fundraising services to further expand their potential and ability to drive impact in their work. From advancing health initiatives to expanding arts and culture to sustaining the environment, We turn insights into actions, challenges into opportunities, and fundraising goals into mission impact.
CCS continues to pave the way for business models that demonstrate that you can focus on social missions and build a successful business at the same time. We are at the intersection of many issue areas through our work and we aid organizations in breaking down financial and programming barriers to allow social good and community, talent and resources to flow more freely.
At CCS Fundraising, we empower some of the greatest organizations in the world to effect meaningful change—change that impacts lives and improves the condition of the world we live in. You will join a diverse team of fun, passionate, and driven professionals who are united in this genuine purpose.
To learn more, please visit: ccsfundraising.com.
About the Position
Reporting to the President, the Vice President, Business Development will lead the organization's national business development and marketing efforts from the New York City office. As a member of the corporate headquarters senior leadership team, this individual will serve as a key thought partner to a range of stakeholders, including the President, regional senior leadership and corporate and regional business development staff in offices across the country. Ultimately, the Vice President will be responsible for enhancing, amplifying, and expanding brand awareness of CCS Fundraising's offerings on a national scale.
Managing a team of 5+, this new role will develop CCS Fundraising's overarching marketing strategy, design and implement processes to further increase sales capacity for the firm, and provide ongoing thought leadership and support for the expansion of CCS Fundraising's client list.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Business Development and Marketing
- Develop, execute and manage a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy to amplify the CCS's unique consulting offerings and grow its business
- Distill core priorities for marketing and revenue generation using CCS Fundraising's most recent strategic plan and assessment of current opportunities and challenges, ultimately forming strategic recommendations to enhance the firm's business development practices
- Optimize current CCS Fundraising marketing and communication processes services and the design of new, creative solutions that meet the firm's strategic objectives in collaboration with regional offices
- Oversee creation of messaging that crystalizes mission, vision and key values to align internal staff across regions, while empowering regional teams to take localized, but aligned, approaches
- Research and understand market trends across various nonprofit sectors
Systems Building and Execution
- Build a strategically integrated marketing and business development function through strong relationships, fostering a collaborative culture, and putting in place the right operational processes for effective collaboration and partnership
- Create knowledge sharing systems that help translate the different teams' industry knowledge and keen understanding of clients' needs and challenges into the work of other CCS Fundraising departments and teams
- Forecast and track key business development metrics and develop best practices regarding account management to share with team and company leaders
- Drawing on the senior leadership and other experts, ensure design/process practices reflect a high degree of quality, consistency, and deep alignment with CCS Fundraising's values
- Serve on CCS's leadership team, advancing organizational goals to improve outcomes across clients, achieve catalytic impact through best practice and tool dissemination, and position CCS Fundraising for long-term success
- Lead CCS's corporate Marketing and Business Development team members; provide thought partnership, advising and innovations to regional Marketing and Business Development staff
- Partner with the President to lead CCS Fundraising's new client growth and support relationship management with existing partners to increase revenue and deepen impact
- Work cross-functionally across departments and regions, fostering collaboration and transparency, to develop and implement best practices and processes for the advancement of the organization's overall growth
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in marketing/business development and/or sales
- Proven track record of achieving ambitious results and revenue growth, both individually and as a manager of teams
- Having successfully developed and implemented programs for creating best practices and processes in marketing and business development across organizations
- The ability to critically assess challenges, identify effective solutions, and execute accordingly
- The capacity to "see the forest through the trees," absorbing different pieces of data and synthesizing the best path forward
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Excellent written communication skills
- High degree of personal integrity and personal accountability
- An entrepreneurial and collegial mindset
- The ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Familiarity with the culture and structure of the nonprofit industry highly preferred
- An interest in and commitment to the mission and values of CCS Fundraising and its clients
Compensation and benefits:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
CCS Fundraising is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.