About the Organization
The One Love Foundation focuses on educating young people about healthy and unhealthy relationships, so that they can identify and avoid abuse and learn how to love better. As the emerging organization dedicated to relationship health education, One Love is on a mission to empower young people to not only learn about healthy relationships, but crucially share that knowledge with their peers to save and change lives. Started out of a relationship violence tragedy, One Love understands how critical relationships are to our health, success, and happiness, and that many of us are not taught how to build and identify quality ones.
Today, One Love's campaign is equal parts national and local in its scope. Nationally, One Love has created a mission, messaging and educational tools that standardize the language used to teach young people about healthy and unhealthy relationships. Increasingly these tools are of interest globally as well. Locally, One Love works on the ground with young people, schools, youth-facing community groups and social service partners to ensure that their programs are used in a way that is right for each community. In 2017, One Love established on-the-ground teams in four cities to increase the velocity of their efforts in engagement and activation. One Love now has staff on the ground in six cities. By serving these communities full-time, One Love is amplifying a conversation about relationships that is changing and saving lives.
About the Position
The One Love Foundation is hiring their first President to help the organization scale its work at a critical time. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial and strategic leader who can inspire others. The President will play a critical role in One Love's growth: supporting and mentoring a high performing team; building systems that increase impact and efficiency; and managing relationships with external partners and advisors.
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the executive team and Board of Directors, the President will manage nine direct reports, including One Love's Chief Advancement Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Program Officer and five Regional Executive Directors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic Leadership - Grow the organization's impact, taking an organization-wide approach to increasing impact, reach, and funding, while also creating broader field-level change. Ensure that One Love's day to day execution is aligned with achieving near and long-term strategic goals.
- Organizational Oversight and Team Management - Work closely with the CEO and leadership team to manage all aspects of the organization, building and mentoring a high-performing team committed to advancing One Love's work; oversee best-in-class talent practices for staff and volunteers that prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion across all dimensions (e.g., recruitment/hiring, coaching/development, compensation, and retention)
- Culture Development - Continue to build and enhance One Love's culture, defined by a balance of entrepreneurialism, solutions-orientation, and collaboration, as well as a deep and sustained focus on inclusion
- Systems Building - Lead the implementation of new systems and processes that enable One Love to scale, focusing on efficiency, effectiveness, and user experience
- Resource Allocation and Decision Making - Design and oversee systems and frameworks to set goals, allocate resources, and manage organizational priorities, while also pursuing new initiatives and responding to inquiries and opportunities
- Advocacy - Serve as a key senior-level external voice for One Love and its work, continuing to build its visibility, brand recognition and reach
- Fundraising - Work with the Chief Advancement Officer to support One Love's fundraising, ensuring the engagement of One Love's existing donor base while cultivating new supporters, participating in high-level donor meetings as needed
- Board Engagement - Act as a liaison to the Board of Directors and Board of Advisors, engaging Board members in the current and future needs of the organization; support the expansion of the Board, as appropriate; lead planning for all Board related meetings.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 15+ years of professional experience required, with experience serving as a leader in a mission-driven organization that spans multiple regions preferred
- Demonstrate a generosity of spirit and predisposition to believe in positive intent of people; applies this orientation internally and externally (works against territorialism and us versus them dynamics)
- Track record of success in designing and implementing large-scale, complex programs across multiple geographies
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, with demonstrated success creating and implementing plans in high-growth, dynamic environments
- Experience with budget development and oversight
- Significant experience leading a large, high-performing team across multiple regions and functional areas
- Strength in coaching individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, with a track record of building strong relationships with a diverse group of individuals at all levels
- Experience serving as a spokesperson and thought leader on behalf of an organization
- "Light the world on fire", action-oriented approach to work
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who views others with an asset-based lens, values all individuals and respects difference regarding race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
Compensation and benefits:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
One Love is an equal opportunity employer.
One Love believes that changing social norms and the statistics around abuse requires a team and an approach that is diverse, inclusive and truly human in nature. One Love encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin,marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.