About the Organization
GetThru empowers organizations to connect authentically with their audiences at scale while building a sustainable company committed to progressive social change. Our tools have been used by more than 2,000 organizations (e.g., Joe Biden's 2020 Presidential campaign, Stacey Abram's organization, Fair Fight Action, and the ACLU). GetThru tools have been used to send over 1 billion text messages and make more than 500 million phone calls for voter contact, volunteer recruitment, fundraising, polling, and more. An all-remote company with 40+ full time staff spread across 14 states, GetThru is a profitable, bootstrapped company that has experienced significant growth since its founding in 2016. And while its roots are in progressive politics, GetThru loves partnering with all kinds of organizations that share its passion for creating a better world.
About the Position
GetThru is hiring a Head of Sales and Marketing at an exciting moment in its development. As both a team leader for the Sales & Marketing department and a member of the Leadership Team, the Head of Sales and Marketing will be crucial to the success of the organization as we begin the next stage of GetThru's evolution.
The Head of Sales and Marketing reports directly to the CEO, and manages a team of seven.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Business Development - Develop strategies for generating revenue and achieving company's financial goals
- Strategic Leadership - Serve on the company's Leadership Team, setting organization-wide strategy and supporting critical decision making
- Culture Development - Foster a culture of collaboration and respect, ensuring that GetThru lives up to its commitment of building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization
- Marketing - Create and refine a comprehensive customer success strategy that deepens GetThru's relationships with existing clients, while expanding its client base; develop strategies for expanding use cases among existing clients
- Team Management - Manage, coach, and mentor the GetThru's Sales & Marketing Team, supporting the development of job-related skills and overall professional development
- Cultivation and Stewardship - Manage and close deals with major prospects, serving as the primary relationship owner for major clients and key strategic partners
- Sales Operations - Streamline sales operations, knowledge management, and information gathering to develop and/or refine efficient and user-friendly processes
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of three years experience of successful leadership of a revenue generating (sales, fundraising, business development) function, with direct oversight of teams of 5+ people
- Proven track record of achieving ambitious results and revenue growth, both individually and as a manager of teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to lead compelling and effective meetings by phone, screen-share, and in-person
- Demonstrated success coaching, mentoring, and managing a revenue generating function (sales, fundraising, business development), supporting skills and career development
- Robust knowledge of sales or development operations, with the ability to streamline processes and optimize a CRM to manage tasks, staff, and pipeline
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with a variety of both internal and external stakeholders
- Track record of working with geographically dispersed teams, fostering a strong culture and collaborative relationships with peers and direct reports
- Passion for working at the intersection of politics, advocacy, and and technology, with a demonstrated interest and involvement in progressive politics
- Entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable working in high speed, complex environments
While experience matters, we also believe that most skills can be learned, and we care as much about work ethic, creativity, determination, and cultural fit. Applicants who don't have every qualification listed above are still welcome to apply.
Location: This is a remote position. Work from anywhere in U.S. time zones as long as you have good internet and the work gets done. Occasional domestic travel (roughly 6 times per year) for company and team retreats, strategic client meetings, conferences, etc.
Compensation and benefits:
- $160-200K base salary, depending on experience
- Additional compensation from bonuses
- Participation in employee stock option pool
- 401K + employer match
- Health / dental / vision benefits competitive with similarly situated companies
- 3 weeks of vacation time in year 1 and 2, with increases thereafter
- Additional benefits: ergonomic stipend, monthly wellness stipend, parental leave, charitable giving match
GetThru provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. As our company grows, we strive to make space for all kinds of people to do amazing work with us. We especially encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, immigrants, and other communities underrepresented in technology startups. We believe that a team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences will be more creative, more adaptable, and more effective. And we strive to build a team that reflects the communities we are working to support.
Like GetThru, On-Ramps is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose.