DC - Washington metropolitan area
IL - Chicago metropolitan area
NY - New York metropolitan area
About the Organization
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 255 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating over 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. KIPP schools, KIPP regions, and the KIPP Foundation are united by a common mission: Together with families and communities, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose—college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
The non-profit KIPP Foundation trains and develops outstanding educators to lead KIPP schools; provides tools, resources, and training for excellent teaching and learning; promotes innovation; and facilitates the exchange of insights and ideas within the KIPP network and with partners, including other charter management organizations, school districts, colleges and universities, and non-profit organizations across the country.
Why work at KIPP? By working for the KIPP Foundation, you will work to advance equity and help students across the country receive the high-quality education they deserve. If you believe all children deserve great schools and programs where they can gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place, join us! For more information, please visit: www.kipp.org.
About the Position
KIPP's Insight & Analytics (I&A) team supports the use, analysis, presentation, and application of high-quality data and research regarding KIPP schools, teachers, students, and families. These data enable KIPP to answer the network's Six Essential Questions:
- Who are our students?
- Are our students staying with us?
- Are KIPP students achieving and progressing academically?
- Are KIPP alumni climbing the mountain to and through college?
- Are we building a sustainable people model?
- Are we building a sustainable financial model?
KIPP's Insight & Analytics team supports a network of high-performing schools by providing key stakeholders with data needed for constant learning, decision-making, marketing, and development. The ideal Insight Analyst/Specialist candidate loves telling a story with data, is highly detailed and process-oriented, and is always trying to find ways to improve existing processes, analyses, and products. In addition, they are a strong communicator, relationship-builder, and proactive self-starter who centers equity in their work and relationships.
This role may focus on the following content areas: post-secondary education and pathways, K-8 academics, or HS academics. Note: the KIPP Foundation is hiring for two openings, both of which could be an Analyst OR a Specialist.
Key Responsibilities: The Insight Analyst/Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Serve as a key player in the design and execution of research and analysis (50%)
- Support the development of an annual Insight Agenda that focuses on key research and analysis questions related to strategic priorities
- Clean, compile, and analyze data across content areas to support research and analysis
- Generate actionable insights for key stakeholders and communicate results through the use of memos, presentations, and reports
- Synthesize and share relevant external research
Support the development and implementation of data systems, reports, and dashboards (30%)
- Support, monitor, and evaluate data submissions from KIPP regions and vendors
- Support the development of business, functional, and technical requirements
- Support testing and maintenance efforts, including issue diagnosis and resolution
- Develop training materials, lead training sessions for stakeholders, and support user research
Support day-to-day activities of the Insight & Analytics team (20%)
- Support KIPP Foundation, region, school, and KIPP Through College team and community members with data needs, including grant submissions, secondary research, and ad-hoc data requests
- Support with planning and execution for annual, network-facing events, including KIPP data retreat, KIPP Through College retreats, and other events
- Support with planning, facilitating, and contributing to Insight and Analytics' team culture and equity development
Responsibilities specific to the Insight Analyst role include:
- Partner with program teams to develop an annual Insight Agenda that focuses on key research and analysis questions related to strategic priorities
- Work alongside program teams to promote data-driven approaches to practice and strategy
- Identify opportunities where the use of standardized reports, dashboards, and tools can better serve the data needs of stakeholders
- Co-manage testing and maintenance efforts, including issue diagnosis and resolution
- Love of data!
- 2+ years of relevant work experience required for Specialist candidates; 4+ years of relevant experience required for Analyst candidates
- Deep commitment to both racial and educational equity: supports building an organization that reflects the community that KIPP serves and holds self and others on team accountable for centering equity
- Experience with quantitative analysis, data processing, and data management
- Proficiency in statistical methods
- Experience in SQL or other programming languages and statistical software (e.g., Python, R, SAS, Stata); expertise in one or more programming languages required for Analyst candidates
- Expertise in using Excel to manipulate and report data required for Analyst candidates
- Proficiency in Tableau preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to translate research and analytical findings into accessible formats for non-research audiences
- Attention to detail and constant focus on data quality
- Customer service orientation with an interest in assisting schools and end users as they seek to provide, access, and understand data
- Experience in education preferred
- Model KIPP's values at all times
Compensation and benefits:
These are full-time, exempt positions. We offer a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Healthcare (health, vision, and dental) provided at 100% for employees and 75% for dependents
- Vision is 100% for all dependents
- 401(k) plan with up to a 4% salary match
- Generous time off:
- Paid Time Off starting at 18 days per year
- 15 holidays per year including a three-day Thanksgiving break (Wednesday – Friday) and the last week of the year (December 24 – January 1)
- And other great benefits! (e.g., gym reimbursement, Flexible spending account (FSA), cell phone reimbursement)
KIPP Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
On-Ramps is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We're partnering with the team at the KIPP Foundation to build a diverse team that supports the advancement of their mission. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.