DC - Washington metropolitan area
IL - Chicago metropolitan area
NY - New York metropolitan area
About the Organization
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 255 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating over 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. KIPP schools, KIPP regions, and the KIPP Foundation are united by a common mission: Together with families and communities, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose—college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
The non-profit KIPP Foundation trains and develops outstanding educators to lead KIPP schools; provides tools, resources, and training for excellent teaching and learning; promotes innovation; and facilitates the exchange of insights and ideas within the KIPP network and with partners, including other charter management organizations, school districts, colleges and universities, and non-profit organizations across the country.
Why work at KIPP? By working for the KIPP Foundation, you will work to advance equity and help students across the country receive the high-quality education they deserve. If you believe all children deserve great schools and programs where they can gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place, join us! For more information, please visit: www.kipp.org.
About the Position
The Data Solutions Analyst works to ensure KIPP regions have access to high-quality tools, resources, training, and professional development opportunities that build individual, team, and regional capacity to drive improved student outcomes through effective data use practices. The Data Solutions Analyst will work closely with regional teams to develop data infrastructure plans and implement technical solutions that support putting actionable data in the hands of KIPP leaders and teachers to support progress monitoring and decision-making.
The Data Solutions Analyst will report to the Senior Data Solutions Architect and work collaboratively with teammates within I&A, IT, and across the organization.
Partner with regional data leads to implement data systems, products, and solutions that support the collection, reporting, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Develop scalable reporting tools and data trackers for progress monitoring that can be locally implemented and maintained within a region's existing data ecosystem
- Craft technical solutions and outline specific infrastructure investments that should be prioritized to support greater access to critical KPIs tied to student outcomes and operational efficiencies
- Research, identify, and potentially support regional implementation of solutions from third party vendors or consultants
- Collaborate with KIPP Foundation and regional business owners and subject matter experts to ensure technical solutions and KPIs are aligned to regional policy and programmatic goals
Lead network training and resource development to improve the fidelity of data system, product, and solution implementation
- Become an expert user in K12 products and systems commonly used in the KIPP network (e.g. PowerSchool, Illuminate, Schoolzilla)
- Provide training to regions and schools as plans and needs dictate to ensure effective use of commonly used K12 products and systems
- Develop reference tools and other resources to support ongoing training and professional development
Support national data collection efforts
- Work with regional contacts to triage data quality issues and implement process improvements
- Support the creation of materials and webinars to train network users in high quality data submission methods
- Provide policy input and business requirements to ensure high quality data submission and efficiency of collection efforts
Support day-to-day team activities, including but not limited to:
- Fulfillment of data requests, including grant submissions, secondary research, and ad-hoc data sharing
- Documentation of projects and workflows
- Quality assurance, data verification, and copy-editing activities
- Planning activities, retreats, and cross-team work
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience designing, implementing, or recommending data architecture and/or systems processes
- Interest and/or background in technology and management consulting
- Customer-service orientation, with deep value placed on the end-user experience
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple short-and long-term projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity in a fast-moving environment
- Knowledge of or interest in the education field.
- Passion for KIPP's mission and values
Other Preferred Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of educational technology systems (e.g. SIS, assessment, and reporting platforms)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience using Excel and SQL for data management
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard tools (e.g. Tableau, Microsoft Power BI).
- Experience with adult learning/training
LOCATION: Remote or one of our four offices (Chicago, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC). Travel requirements are up to 30% of time in a typical year (travel is currently suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic).
Compensation and benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position. We offer a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Healthcare (health, vision, and dental) provided at 100% for employees and 75% for dependents
- Vision is 100% for all dependents
- 401(k) plan with up to a 4% salary match
- Generous time off:
- Paid Time Off starting at 18 days per year
- 15 holidays per year, including a three-day Thanksgiving break (Wednesday – Friday) and the last week of the year (December 24 – January 1)
- And other great benefits! (e.g., gym reimbursement, Flexible spending account (FSA), cell phone reimbursement)
KIPP Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
On-Ramps is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We're partnering with the team at the KIPP Foundation to build a diverse team that supports the advancement of their mission. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.