About the Organization
On-Ramps is a full-service search and consulting firm serving organizations in the social sector. We are passionate about talent, and we care deeply about social change. Over the past 15 years, we have developed a rigorous candidate recruitment and selection process and a track record of successful placements who make a lasting impact at their respective organizations.
Based in NYC (but currently working 100% remotely), we offer a dynamic and flexible environment and the opportunity to help grow an organization serving clients that are working towards a better world. We are a diverse team of ~40 recruiters, research specialists, and administrative coordinators who are deeply committed to serving our clients. Our highly collaborative culture is grounded in our core values: Integrity; Excellence; Collaboration; Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion; Impact; and Balance. Our passion for putting the right people in the right positions guides everything we do.
If you are a strong project manager, enjoy relationship-building, and are excited about placing top talent into innovative organizations across the growing social sector, we'd love to meet you.
Some of our clients include:
- charity: water
- Code for America
- Innocence Project
- KIPP Foundation
- Lambda Legal
- New Profit
- New York Cares
- The Obama Foundation
To learn more, check us out at: www.on-ramps.com
About the Position
Search Consultants play a key leadership role at On-Ramps. As project manager for a portfolio of up to 6 searches, Search Consultants lead the development of search strategy, manage key relationships with clients and candidates, and coordinate the efforts of search teams to achieve excellent outcomes. Consultants also play an internal leadership role, managing and coaching team members and participating in one or more internal functions. Finally, over time, Consultants begin to contribute to On-Ramps' business development efforts.
This is an ideal opportunity for a thoughtful leader who thrives on relationship building and who believes that people are the most important lever for change in the social sector.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as day-to-day project manager for up to 6 searches, setting goals, delegating tasks, and tracking progress against key outcome measures
- Build and maintain meaningful and productive relationships with senior client stakeholders, facilitating check-in calls and acting as the primary point of contact
- Contribute to the development of overarching search strategy
- Motivate and coach search team members to deliver excellent service, achieve ambitious goals, and deliver against both immediate project goals and longer term learning goals
- Develop candidate sourcing plans and drive the development of robust and diverse candidate pipelines
- Conduct first and/or second round candidate assessments and manage the candidacy of senior-level candidates throughout each search
- Create and edit nuanced written deliverables for the search (e.g., job descriptions, core competencies, candidate reports, interview guides)
- Manage one or more long-term direct report(s), overseeing their professional growth and delivering mid-year and annual performance reviews
- Serve as a supportive and disciplined leader on client engagements, providing strong coaching and holding team members accountable
- Participate in at least one internal functions ("firm-building groups"), which include talent, DEI, Communications and Community Engagement, Business Development, and Database
- Model On-Ramps' core values and hold others accountable for the same
- Build and sustain a robust and diverse network of prospective candidates, clients, and partners through ongoing relationship building
- Begin to generate repeat business through excellent search delivery and ongoing relationship management with current and former clients
- Build business development skills by shadowing pitch calls and playing a support role throughout the business development process
- Customize written proposals and other materials to represent On-Ramps' offerings and address clients' priorities and questions
- Passion for working with innovative, social sector organizations
- 10+ years of professional experience, with 5+ years in a social sector organization, recruitment, and/or client services
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to effectively navigate ambiguity
- Robust project management skills, with experience leading complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent relationship-building and client management skills, with the ability to build long-term, trusting relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience managing and coaching others, with a track record of helping individuals grow professionally
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- High level of integrity, trust, accountability, and judgment
- Experience building and supporting organizations that actively pursue diversity, equity, and inclusion through their talent practices
- A commitment to On-Ramps' core values
Compensation and benefits:
Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, including an annual performance bonus. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
On-Ramps is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.