About the Organization
Committed to saving the lives of LGBTQ+ young people, in 2002 Carl Siciliano founded the Ali Forney Center (AFC) in memory of Ali Forney, a homeless gender-nonconforming youth who was forced to live on the streets, where they were tragically murdered. Since AFC's launch with just six beds in a church basement, the organization has grown to become the largest agency dedicated to LGBTQ+ homeless youths in the country — assisting over 2,000 youths per year through a 24-hour Drop-In Center which provides over 70,000 meals annually, medical and mental health services through an on-site clinic, and a scattered-site housing program. The Ali Forney Center's mission is to protect LGBTQ+ youth from the harms of homelessness and empower them with the tools needed to live independently.
Like Ali, our Street Outreach Team educates teens about safe sex and HIV prevention. AFC also provides volunteer mentors, educational and career programs, life skills training, and much more. Their goal is to not only provide food, water, and shelter: their goal is to transform the lives of these young people so that they may reclaim their lives and never live on the streets again. Ali's murder has never been brought to justice, however, the spirit of Ali continues to live on in their work, and in each of the lives AFC changes.
For more information please visit: https://www.aliforneycenter.org/
About the Position
The Senior Major Gifts Officer will design, develop and implement AFC's major gift program. The Senior Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new prospects. As such, an ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate the organization's mission is key. Ali Forney seeks a Senior Major Gifts Officer that thrives at relationship building and is motivated by energizing their team members, persuading prospects, and inspiring top supporters to further invest in their work.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Senior Major Gifts Officer will have high levels of exposure to Ali Forney's Leadership team. They will also manage a Major Gifts Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Secure major gifts at the $5,000 to $100,000 level
- Manage and support the Major Gift Officer to enable them to help grow the Major Gift program
- Set vision for overarching Major Gift program
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools
- Manage existing portfolio of donors and prospects
- Work with the development department to align efforts and set goals create and implement moves management plans
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and other staff with their solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications)
- Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition
- Track and report progress using specific metrics
- At least 7 years of development experience and direct work with individual donors in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual gifts
- Experience soliciting five and six-figure gifts; track record of closing gifts of $5,000 or more
- Experience preparing donor proposals and donor reporting
- Significant face to face fundraising experience
- Able to leverage existing networks in the advancement of The Ali Forney Center's mission
- Outstanding written communication, analytical, interpersonal, personal organizational skills, and administrative skills are required
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Commitment to goal attainment, high degree of initiative, and ability to motivate and engage high-level donors; a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Knowledge of Boomerang or equivalent donor database management software program required
- Cultural fluency across issues of race, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, as well as other dimensions of diversity; ability to establish and nurture relationships with a diverse body of stakeholders in different locations, rallying them towards shared goals
- Transgender & gender non-conforming people and people of color are encouraged to apply
Compensation and benefits:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
On-Ramps is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We're partnering with the team at Ali Forney Center to build a diverse team that respects all differences. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Accommodation Statement: On-Ramps is committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals in the hiring process, including but not limited to those with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.