About the Organization
Common Impact is a nationally-recognized nonprofit that works to build a society in which individuals and businesses invest their unique talents towards a shared purpose: strengthening the local communities in which we live and work. We connect corporate employees to nonprofit organizations to tackle the greatest challenges our communities face.
We break down barriers that exist between sectors and industries to create meaningful partnerships between companies, social sector organizations, and the people that drive them. The common purpose of these connections: to deliver real value to each partner through innovations in community engagement and, ultimately, to address deeply rooted and complex social challenges.
With a deep understanding of both mission-focused and business goals, Common Impact enables growing nonprofits to achieve even greater results in our communities, while simultaneously engaging corporate employees in dynamic and challenging opportunities that develop their skills and unlock successful, purpose-driven careers. Founded in 2000, Common Impact has partnered with Fortune 500 companies and hundreds of the country's leading nonprofit organizations to create this transformational change. Learn more about our services and impact, the companies we work with, and our nonprofit partners here.
About the Position
Over the past twenty years, Common Impact has built a leading model to connect talented professionals from global companies to high-potential local nonprofits through skills-based volunteerism. As corporate engagement and investment in social challenges deepen, Common Impact is expanding and evolving to meet the new demands of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) space. In 2023, Common Impact will refresh its strategic approach and priorities, with a goal to focus on program impact and innovation, its role as a leader in our sector, and expanding the reach of our programs in the United States, Canada, the UK, and beyond.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Programs Officer will lead a team of approximately 20 to grow and innovate our programs so that we may create maximum impact for our corporate partners and the nonprofit organizations whose missions we aim to support. The Chief Programs Officer will have a critical internal and client-facing role and have the opportunity to partner with Common Impact's leadership and program team, its nonprofit clients across mission areas, and its Fortune 500 partners.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity for a seasoned leader with a background in Corporate Social Responsibility and social sector leadership to join Common Impact's Leadership Team. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in organizational strategy, service design, people management, and employee engagement programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Programmatic Strategy and Corporate Client Account Oversight
- Oversee all program models, including non-profits and corporate-facing services lines designed to establish transformational connections between companies and social sector organizations: 1) Skills-based Program Management; 2) Strategy Consulting and 3) Education and Training
- Strategically design, staff and execute high quality programming that enables our clients to effectively tackle barriers to success; demonstrate the ability to deepen relationships with clients to amplify impact
- Lead complex program management including accounts oversight, team work-flow, and understanding nuances of our programs and service models
- Capable of innovating programs in response to corporate demands and trends
- Advise the Leadership Team on programmatic changes that may impact revenue targets and capacity planning in a timely manner
Organizational Strategy and Executive Leadership
- Partner with the CEO in shaping organizational strategy, setting a bold vision for our programmatic strategy, and supporting the growth and culture of the organization
- Collaborate with our Chief Partnerships Officer supporting the organization's impact storytelling by identifying industry trends, surfacing stories, and assessing sector needs
- Liaise with Common Impact's board of directors on engagement opportunities to expand their organizational connection
- Participate in and present at industry events, penning thought leadership pieces, and serving as a partner with external stakeholders
Team Oversight and Talent Management
- Cultivate and mentor team members to reach their full potential by encouraging innovation and risk-taking
- Recruit and retain top talent, assess skill gaps and create professional development opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities
- Oversee a rapidly growing team by fostering a culture of collaboration, inclusion, and creativity which translates into exceptional programmatic service delivery and strong internal partnerships
- Influence strong team collaboration with our Partnerships team to ensure seamless client transitions from business development to active client
- 15+ years professional experience, ideally across social impact and corporate sectors, business strategy and finance experience preferred; 10+ years of experience managing, developing and evaluating talent in a client facing, professional services firm developing talent and leading organizations during a growth stage
- Experience working with both nonprofits and corporations; CSR, employee engagement and/or nonprofit leadership experience a plus
- Strong people management leading through collaboration and shared accountability with high emotional intelligence and comfort with agile role definition
- Strategic, creative mindset that can synthesize information, translate it into a program design and lead a team to execute on it
- Strong presenter and meeting facilitator, who understands how to form meaningful relationships with diverse parties
- Comfort with leveraging technology and supporting the adoption of systems, with experience in Salesforce.com, Asana, and Microsoft 365 a plus
- Committed to working with diverse communities and to finding shared goals amongst varying experiences and perspectives
This role is remote and will require approximately 15% domestic travel to service our clients in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, or San Francisco.
Compensation and benefits:
The total salary range for this position is $175,000 to $220,000, with a starting salary range of $175,000 to $200,000, commensurate with training and experience. Common Impact offers competitive benefits, including 3 weeks of vacation, 10 holidays, the final week of the year off, and 12 sick days; a 401k plan and 2% match; paid parental leave; and medical and dental coverage.
Common Impact is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse community. Common Impact strongly encourages people of color and women to apply. We are accepting applications for this role on an ongoing basis.
On-Ramps is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We're partnering with the team at the Raikes Foundation to build a diverse team that understands youth impacted by their work. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
On-Ramps is committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals in the hiring process, including but not limited to those with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.