About the Organization
Green City Force's (GCF) model corps in New York City enlists and trains young people from low income housing communities for a new and more equitable economy. We equip them with the tools to change the trajectory of their lives and access good jobs. Corps members develop a passion for sustainability and service through driving large-scale environmental and health initiatives in public housing and other frontline communities. GCF designs service as a path to greater well being and means to enlist young people to become contributors and leaders in the movement to build a greener, fairer and more just world. Graduates go on to jobs or college, directly or through alumni initiatives that build towards sectoral jobs and apprenticeships, via social enterprise contracts or advanced training developed with employers. Our network of alumni, partners, and supporters constitutes a growing ecosystem anchored in our corps.
To learn more, please visit http://greencityforce.org/.
About the Position
Green City Force (GCF) is seeking a Chief Development Officer (CDO) that will work in close collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to establish and lead an effective fundraising strategy towards strengthening brand visibility, expanding on private donor relations and government funding, and expanding marketing and communications efforts. GCF's development team has an entrepreneurial culture within a dynamic, innovative organization serving public housing communities across New York City. The primary responsibility of the CDO is to identify, plan, and manage the annual fundraising goal of $6M, along with external communication goals and fundraising events. The CDO also partners with the ED and finance team to ensure that needs are prioritized and resources are secured in a timely fashion, and with the program leads to help inform effective proposals aligned with GCF's mission. Revenue strategy, budget alignment and resource allocation is accomplished in partnership with the development and finance teams, senior leadership, and Board of Directors.
Fundraising Strategy and Leadership
- Work with the ED to define and implement revenue strategies that align with overall organizational goals;
- Design, develop, and lead an effective individual and institutional giving strategy, including annual campaigns and major gifts program;
- Work with the GCF Board's Development Committee to conceive of and lead GCF's strategic fundraising events;
- Nurture a culture of revenue development throughout GCF, ensuring that team members across the organization participate in and support fundraising initiatives to meet revenue goals;
- Lead efforts for Development Department to operate and fundraise through a racial equity lens;
- Oversee the development of grants management tools and implementation;
- Oversee efforts on data analysis and ensure consistency between grant commitments and monthly progress on agency outcomes/performance indicators;
Communications and Thought Leadership
- Support the ED in the development of a clear and consistent brand and communications that articulate our theory of change, impact measures and unique differentiation within the nonprofit market, as it pertains to fundraising strategy;
- Oversee the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of communications activities core to supporting GCF's revenue strategy, including the organization's website, production of newsletters, annual reports, and social media;
- As a key member of GCF's leadership team, support the organization's vision and strategy and instill a culture of collaboration in the organization;
- Serve as a key culture carrier internally and externally, modeling inclusive leadership and collaboration;
- Develop, coach, and manage a team of development and communications professionals, holding team members accountable for achieving ambitious goals and ensuring they have opportunities for professional growth and development;
- Coach, support, and encourage the Board of Directors in their efforts to build and strengthen their identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donors (current and prospective).
- Passion for GCF's mission and commitment to social, environmental, and economic justice
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 10 years of experience related to GCF's mission, including a minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience
- Proven success in designing and managing a variety of fundraising campaigns, including solicitation of six-and-seven-figure investments
- Proven ability to cultivate existing donor relationships and initiate new prospects
- Experience securing state, local, or federal funding resources strongly preferred
- Understanding of the funding landscape and previous relationships with local major donors/funders a plus
- Ability to lead staff and inspire board members, donors, and volunteers
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to function effectively in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to collect, analyze, decipher, and communicate data
- Ability to work with volunteers in a professional and collaborative manner
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, WordPress, and Google tools preferred
- Ability to learn new technology systems
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some night and weekend events.
Compensation and benefits:
Location: This is a hybrid role based in Brooklyn, NY.
Compensation & Benefits: The salary range for this position is $150,000 - $170,000 with the exact salary based on experience. Competitive benefits include medical & dental benefits, 403b retirement savings plan, and generous paid time off.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Green City Force is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Green City Force is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions, in accordance with state and federal law. GCF is an Employer of National Service. We recognize the value of skills gained during national service and alumni of national service programs are encouraged to apply.
Green City Force requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief).
On-Ramps is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We're partnering with the team at GCF to build a diverse team that is representative of the communities we serve. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
On-Ramps is committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals in the hiring process, including but not limited to those with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.